Tuesday, October 13, 2015

PEAK FISH & LOBSTER ROLLS

Any self respecting lobster roll deserves reporting here.  But Greenpoint Fish and Lobster Co. not only has an exceptional lobster roll, they are possibly the best fish market/restaurant I know.  I happened to find them poking around my Monterrey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch app.  In the app's map I found a fish monger approved by them right near by, so I decided to pay them a visit.

First I went just looking for raw fish to buy, but when I got there I saw a great kitchen and bar to sit and eat.  That day I got some very reasonable Boston Mackerel.  Since then I have had the several other sustainable fish from them, the wild catfish, an invasive species in the Chesapeake, and Lion Fish, an invasive species in Florida and other tropical waters.  With a recent study showing that overfishing has depleted the worlds fish stock by HALF since 1970, it seems harder and harder to justify eating any kind of protein other than beans and rice.

But all these invasive species they were selling gave me the idea of an "Invasive Species Dinner Party"...  Why not gorge on meat that you can feel completely guilt free in eating? 


1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about Caroline this morning (as I do everyday but a little more this morning) & just had my annual post-Maine trip lobster about 30 mins ago so.... found the timing of your blog appropriate. Have a ravishingly fun dinner party! I've had the book, Cod, by my bedside for a while now - will read eventually. xo

    ReplyDelete